Monday, December 22, 2008

End Of The Line For The Lowly VHS Tape Format

The Los Angeles Times has a nice story that tells us what we already know: The VHS format tape cassette is dead. MORE>>

The format has been in decline for years. I sold all my son's old Disney cassettes, classics perhaps but not if you can't view them. Folks scarfed them up on eBay some years ago for $2, $5 and in some cases $10 each. I tossed my last mass-produced commercial tape in the discards box in the garage last week, a relatively high-mileage copy of Big Daddy starring Adam Sandler.

I still have a few tapes sitting around here I can't seem to part with, an interview from KCBS/Channel 2 News, a public-access appearance before that and my son's first swimming lessons.

Somehow I've got to figure out how to get these converted to DVD before that format is rendered obsolete as well. I guess that's just progress.

image: www.prblog.typepad.com

No comments:

Post a Comment